December 25, 2009

Tenacity and patience from the other side of the world - Oct 09

Can't believe I wrote this back in October and being a stressed out workaholic, forgot to post it, here tis ... I'm moving slowly but surely. The satellite is now installed on the roof of the University, the tech guys from Uni of Lincoln are happy to do the set-up in January, I've been approached by the University of Hull about applying for EU funding, enthusiastic media veteran Geoff, ex Dordogne resident now back in England is busy exploring advertising and sponsorship opportunities, and Dordogne resident Clive is keen to find local advertisers. The Dordogne English language paper has run a full page feature interview, consequently email inquiries continued to grow. I have advertised radio training sessions in Perigueux in January and my first serious advertiser - an international finance company, have just agreed to regular segments. I can't quite believe it seems to be happening.

Unfortunately it's been a pretty unpleasant year in other ways in Australia (thank you Flight of the Conchords for reminding me to laugh). I'm a firm believer in that old maxim - It's not your achievements that define success, but how you treat people along the way. My naive belief in an innate goodness in others has, dare I say at last, been shattered. Can't wait to return to my little stone cottage in December and get things moving. And my new motto-Never, ever, ever give up ....

3 comments:

carolmiers said...

I guess trying to set it up from Australia was the easy bit!

carolmiers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Radio Dordogne blog said...

Hey Carol, I wish! I've decided I've got to move here for a while, it's the only way forward. Still interested in helping?