January 19, 2010

Disappointment

I waited and waited and nothing. I wasted precious time waiting and assuming help was coming but found out too late this isn't going to happen. There is so little time now to try and get the station streaming. I arose this morning at 8am however, determined to get this off the ground alone; failure isn't in my lexicon. I drove to the Uni, picked up the satellite receivers I was told wouldn't work in the northern hemisphere (they were bought in australia where I was assured they would), drove them to a town an hours drive away near Limoges to a satellite expert who said "yes, they should work". However, I forgot to get the remote controls so he couldn't program them on the spot, so another trip tomorrow into the Uni and back to Limoges again, and another wasted day when I could've been getting the station linked to the satellite and streaming. I'm almost at the point of giving this away, I'm not sure I can do this anymore. It's too hard, I live too far away, come here intermittently and still have no local broadcasters. What's the point? Who am I kidding - that I can set up a bilingual internet radio station in a country I don't even live in? I must be mad. I've called a meeting this Saturday afternoon in Perigueux and notified all those who've expressed an interest in the past. I'll see how many attend and what comes out of it.

2 comments:

carolmiers said...

As I keep thinking, if it were easy someone else would have done it already. Someone told me something they learnt from French market stall owners, - to shrug your shoulders and go 'Tomorrow' when they had a bad day. Not so easy to remember

Radio Dordogne blog said...

Thanks Carol, look forward to seeing you tomorrow - with news at last!